Friday, October 26, 2007

On why running out of medicine is a bad thing

This week has gone by in a blur.

Sunday was the Terror's party which involved me panicking and calming down and absolving myself of all responsibilty for being a good hostess and thus surviving the event. I even managed to help deal with party bags. Unfortunately, Hubby was on hyper-stress-alert and thus found the whole thing draining. We finally got him calmed down later, only to have the whole family descend again and he got dumped with organising dinner...after two failed calls to favourite eateries we settled on fish and chips takeaway. Which was good all round.

Monday everyone left and life almost settled down to normal. Slight problem in that I'd run out of happy pills by this point and couldn't pick up my prescription until the end of the Tuesday when it had finally been signed. So I was a bit....wobbly. Not as bad as I could have been. But extra stress for Hubby. And a major factor in not getting anything done this week.

Wednesday and Thursday both involved trips into town - for drugs and post office to collect late pressies (thanks C&J and TAB!) and then again for comics naturally. We also picked up Zombie Fluxx which should be fun for next Wednesday if my game falters again. Having had no preperation it didn't go too well and I ended up throwing plot stuff at the players in the hope they might think of something to do. Which they did, so I suppose it worked as a GM tactic.

And today also wizzed by, partly because Hubby set off larping - it's the Lions' Winter Parliament this weekend - and partly I suspect because I'm just getting used to full dosage of citalopram again. Admittedly the sherry may have something to do with the last two hours disappearing. I swear I haven't had that much....

Oh - and in disasterous news - Moniack have changed the shape of their mead bottles! Slightly thinner and taller - less good for necking and more importantly the wrong shape for the Moniack pouches Darkblade do! I propose a letter writing campaign....

And finally, because at least one person has asked for it, I've put my entry for Pulp Idol 2 online here. It's not that terrific - too much superfluous scene-setting, Over-Capitalisation-Of-Doom!™, the plot fizzles and the ending is slighty deus ex mathematica. But I finished it which is something of an achievement in itself I suppose.

Now, to bed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

...if only that had been published, the entire Mathematics department would have had burning ears.

Pity.

(And, yes, it does drag a little, but it's got a lot more spark than my attempts did. )