Tuesday, October 26, 2010

So...it's been a while...

How've you been? Long time no see etc. Yeah, I know I said I'd blog more regularly but you know...life gets in the way.

Or rather it doesn't. I haven't blogged mostly because I've had nothing to blog about. Gaming took a hiatus and we've been playing Betrayal at House on the Hill instead, which we got for our anniversary. Yeah, we had an anniversary - eight years me and the SO have been together now. We didn't get to go out and celebrate due to her having an infection which resulted in a tooth out - antibiotics meaning no alcohol and eating being slightly painful. Maybe one day we'll get a babysitter in so we can go and celebrate a bit later.

Then there was the boy's birthday. He's seven now. Meep. Presents and party and all that - he mostly seems to have got Lego which is cool and has kept me busy the last few days "helping" him build them. He's more interested in the mini-figures, at least with the Star Wars stuff. Now it's half term and I'm trying not to just let him play computer games all the time but, ugh. Rain. Cold. Don't want to go out. Etc.

Job hunting is still being a pain as there aren't that many jobs. Got one letter sent off and another written for when I get round to printing it out. Not sure if I'll hear anything. Trying not to get too panicky about long term prospects - got a while yet before SO's studentship runs out.

Back on sertraline. Was getting far too depressed and unable to do much. Too early to tell if it's really working - I'm mostly running on placebo effect and sheer willpower now. If I don't collapse again before Christmas then I guess that means they're doing some good.

In a moment of madness I agreed to speak at a trans event next week. Have been fretting far too much about what I'm going to say. At some point I'll just have to sit down and start writing, then ask SO and friend(s) for help editing. At this rate I'm going to be worrying too much about what to say that I won't get to start worrying about the actual talking in front of people thing until it's too late. Maybe that's a good thing actually...

No comments: