Monday, September 3, 2012

The Tricky Second Post

I'm determined to stick to my "blog every day" vow, or at least, giving up on the second day is too pathetic even for me, so I might as well recap how the day went. I certainly can't think of anything more interesting to say.

Today has been a day of Getting Things Done™. With the Boy starting back at school on Wednesday, there were a few more things that needed doing, as well as things we didn't do over weekend such as weekly shop and laundry. Thankfully it stayed nice and sunny today, so we got clothes washed and dried and can probably manage another load tomorrow. (This is how dull my life is - laundry is a highlight.)

J cut the Boy's hair: he ended up with a shorter fringe than originally intended because he decided to look down part way through and it went all slant-y. We meandered town-wards to see if Keal Teamwear had any of his school branded jumpers in and were pleasantly surprised when they did, and in his size as well! (A little large on him, actually, but, you know. He'll grow into them....)

I wrote a personal statement for a job application and did my damned best to hit everything on the person specification in order. I even used the word "pro-actively". You can shoot me now if you like. It's for an admin job I'm sure I could do and would enjoy but I'm not holding much hope of even getting an interview as my history of success with that institution is virtually non-existent. May try re-writing my past work experience to emphasise the more relevant bits. It may help.

I also started a Jobseekers Allowance application online and struggled through the pages and pages of things I'm sure I only answered a few weeks ago (nearly a year? Really?) until I eventually hit the point where I needed more info than I had to hand and realised I should have prepared a bit better. And a few days ago. And I still need to go poke council in hope of getting Housing and Council Tax benefit sorted too. And...yeah. Not being so organised right now.

Rest of the day went by in a blur of reading, interneting and pausing to eat and wash up. Didn't really pay attention to University Challenge, and missed the beginning of Only Connect due to suddenly realising I hadn't said goodnight to my son (who then wanted a glass of water, etc etc). Am now intending to watch the final episode of Once Upon A Time - have enjoyed the series much more than I thought I would from initial reviews, and despite some obvious plotting and erratic characterisation ("I'll do this! Because this! And suddenly change my mind because the plot demands it!") it's been a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to see how this wraps up (or doesn't). Maybe tomorrow I'll get round to doing a proper review. That, or tell you about my laundry again.

No comments: