Friday, January 11, 2008

The Drugs Definitely Do Not Work

Ok, so I wasn't exactly convinced by citalopram to start with and the higher dose was making me lose sleep, but it's becoming excruciatingly apparent that the lower dose is intolerable. Two to three fits of crying a day, attention span less than that of a four-year-old child and periodic loss of interest in everything - sex, chocolate, even sex and chocolate included - all adds up to added stress and Not Much Fun ™ for everyone.

On the plus side - spent a lot of money on comics/graphic novels at Travelling Man last Saturday and also picked up the second Nextwave trade this week so have been in comic heaven. When I've been able to concentrate enough to read. (Yes folks, I have difficulty concentrating on comics books. Work is out of the question.)

I also spent too much time this week agonising over that playtest application and avoiding real work by installing Gutsy Gibbon on my laptop. I even spent some time playing with my son. And other times playing with his dad. So it hasn't been a bad week, it just feels like that at the moment because I'm just coming away from a "down" point. Another joy of depression - selective memory.

No comments: