Friday, January 4, 2008

Is it Friday already?

It's been both a long and a short week. Weird. Saw family on Sunday and the Terror got the last of his Christmas presents - including a pirate ship and castle playset from my parents that is now dominating his bedroom and is the current favourite must-play game.

Saw in the New Year quietly with just the two of us and Jools Holland. Managed to stay up to half past twelve anyway.

Mood picked up around Wednesday after some very teary cry-at-the-drop-of-a-hat days. Still getting very bored very quickly. The internet appears to be broken - it doesn't entertain me anymore. But then nothing else does so I end up playing Wii Sports or reading. Or checking Facebook every two minutes.

Terror started back at nursery yesterday and Daddy started back at preparing for his lecture course this term. I started back at the calculation I left off before Christmas although I really need to get dug in to smoe PStricks so I can start TeXing up my results so far if I really want to have a chance at finishing this year. I can now think about finishing my thesis without panicking (probably because I haven't actually got to the hard bit - writing) but as soon as I start thinking about what to do after that....might have to go add some vodka to this fruit juice I'm drinking or I'll never get to sleep now.

Also started wondering about applying to playtest Cubicle 7's Doctor Who RPG. I think most of my current gaming group would be interested in a short stab at it. And just when I've started looking forward to wrapping up my mage campaign and playing for a while instead of GMing....

No comments: