Tuesday, April 20, 2010

New start

I keep having new starts. Maybe one of them will stick.

So, hectic Easter holiday: was mostly OK I suppose, although I did get a bit down and stressed toward the end, including tears and inability to talk for a while. On reduced dose of fluoxetine as neither me nor doc is convinced it was really helping. Still not sure I'm sleeping well, but don't want to try cutting out caffeine and alcohol entirely. Good weekend just gone though, BBQ with added baby cuteness at friends' house and then my birthday of still-not-being-thirty. Parents came down for flying visit and we had lunch at the Black Bull which was nommy.

Now boy is back at school, corrected thesis is handed off for checking, and I've got my days to myself again. Started Wii Fit again again - I've lost a fair bit of weight actually, but could still do with a flatter tummy and it's better to stay active than put the weight back on again. Trying to make headway with tidying and clearing the house - went through videos last night and have a black bagful to take to tip so shelves look a bit tidier but still not more room unfortunately! And need to get on with job search and maybe even confront the horrendous question of what I want to do with my life, rather than just what is available and within my comfort zone (which is currently nothing).

And, yeah, maybe I should try writing/blogging more often. But I so rarely have time or motivation and I'm not utterly convinced I'm any good at it, so I may need some encouragement (Hint, hint).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ici encouragement!

Adele said...

Ok,maybe I should have said encouragement and ideas....

imma said...

New starts are a good idea. Feet on the ground, push off & try to miss :-)
Can keep going with the blogging, plx?
Perhaps add a few game related ones in - how're you feeling that's all going? or there's polyticks