Monday, July 7, 2008

Work, schmerk

So working on the assumption that writing something is better than writing nothing I've....still failed all afternoon to actually write a single thing re birdtrackery and lie algebras. So I'll write this instead.

So lots of fans were disappointed with Journey's End - well, what were they expecting? RTD was never going to kill a companion, although death would have been a blessing compared to what he did to Donna, science and, for that matter, common sense, have always played second fiddle to plot and spectacle in Doctor Who and come on! With an asset like David Tennant you just don't kill him off like that. He doesn't want to leave - not yet - and I doubt we'll see a new doctor until he does. Which might be many years away. The Rose thing - a bit sad actually but I can see why the Doctor did what he did. Although maybe I just have a hard time feeling sorry for someone who gets offered a doctor-clone and complains about it!

Rest of weekend was mostly just wet. Although we did watch Bender's Big Score which just made me realised how much I miss Futurama. And I doubt wishing I had those dvds will result in them appearing through the post like Coupling did. Even internet pixies have limited funds. Besides, still working my way through season two. ("I am the Snake of Truth and I will not be denied!") But yeah, we went to Whitby and got rained on. Stayed in Sunday playing Mario Kart which J brought round but the Terror still wanted to go to J's house. I don't understand that kid sometimes.

Still feeling tired all the time, and teary, and depressed and just wishing everything would collapse into a black hole so I didn't have to deal with it all. Bah. Tried to motivate myself to take up writing again, but even trying to make a Doctor Who comic failed so I doubt I'll ever get any use out of celtx which I downloaded yesterday. And now it's time to go home and try and be Mummy again and try harder tomorrow. I'm obviously just not trying hard enough yet.

No comments: